Functional Safety Expert
As a Functional Safety Expert you are responsible for owning and performing the safety-related tasks for the engineering projects of our OEM customer. You initiate, supervise and execute the ISO 26262 lifecycle activities on OEM level and deeply coordinate with suppliers and internal domain specific teams. With this, you get the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies that deliver world class performance second to none.
- You act as the main stakeholder of knowledge between the safety team and different engineering departments: project engineering, system & software engineering, supplier relations, assessments and homologation;
- You lead the definition of the item, risk assessment and safety concept definition (functional and technical) processes;
- You define safety measures including mitigation measures, safety functions, safe states and support in the implementation;
- You are involved in supplier selection and deeply coordinate with the supplier to ensure compliance to safety requirements.
- You successfully integrate the safety measures in the production design.
- You support verification and validation activities to check whether the risk-reducing solutions are sufficient;
- You guarantee compliance to the safety process within the organization;
- You support the independent assessment compliance and certification processes.
- Bachelor (master) education (preferably Automotive, Embedded systems or Mechanical Engineering);
- At least 6+ years of experience in a position in the automotive;
- Affinity with Automotive or special vehicles;
- Knowledge on automatic powertrain systems is a must and knowledge on chassis systems is a nice to have
- ISO 2626 Skills:
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 with 5 years of working experience with the safety standard, part-2, part-3, part-4, part-7, part-8, part-9 is a must. Part-5 and part-6 knowledge is nice to have.
- You are well versed in integrating active safety solutions into the system design.
- You have working knowledge of safety analyses (D-FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, DFA)
- Working knowledge of A-SPICE and IATF-16949.
- You are well versed in requirements management, supplier management, verification management, configuration management, and change management.
- Knowledge of documentation and issue management tools such as Confluence and Jira;
- Experience with assessment and audit processes is a strong plus.
- Other skills:
- Excellent command of the English language (word and writing);
- You are self-reliant and accurate, you have good communication skills and you have an analytical mind;
- In addition, you are a flexible team player and you can also appreciate some fun and humour in the workplace.
- An interesting and varied position within a valued engineering firm;
- A competitive salary with a range of secondary conditions;
- Training opportunities through our personal development plan and access to the training platform "Goodhabitz";
- A challenging job with freedom to organize your own time so that your work/life balance is always right.
At BRACE you end up in a people-oriented organization with a transparent no-nonsense culture. We think it is important that our (new) employees feel at home quickly and therefore attach great importance to team building, freedom and personal development.
In addition to personal attention, you will be presented with a wide range of projects at BRACE, in which there is room for your own input, sharing knowledge and various career opportunities. This way you can further develop your skills & talents, you retain the challenge & pleasure in your work and together we can take challenging projects to a higher level!
BECOME PART OF OUR TEAM
Are you interested in this vacancy? Apply directly using the form below or get in touch for more information with Robert Boots. He will be happy to help you!
We look forward to having you on our team!
M: +31 6 15567840