Functional Safety Engineer
As a Functional Safety Engineer you are responsible for performing the safety-related tasks for the engineering projects of our special vehicles and the associated systems. You initiate, supervise and execute the risk assessment process and contribute to the development and validation of the safety functions and risk-reducing solutions.
- You act as a spider in the web between the different engineering departments: project engineering, system & software engineering, tractor automation and homologation;
- You lead the risk assessment process;
- You define safety functions including safe states and support in the implementation;
- You verify and validate whether the risk-reducing solutions are sufficient;
- You guarantee the safety process within the organization;
- You supervise certification processes.
- Bachelor (master) education (preferably Automotive, Embedded systems or Mechanical Engineering);
- Several years of experience in a position in the automotive or (mobile) machine industry;
- Affinity with Automotive or special vehicles;
- Knowledge of Machinery Directive and CE markings;
- Knowledge and experience with assessment according to ISO 12100;
- Knowledge of functional safety standards such as ISO 3691-4, ISO 13849 or ISO 26262;
- Knowledge of documentation and issue management tools such as Confluence and Jira;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language (word and writing);
- Experience with certification processes is a strong plus.
- You are self-reliant and accurate, you have good communication skills and you have an analytical mind;
- In addition, you are a flexible team player and you can also appreciate some fun and humor in the workplace.
- An interesting and varied position within a valued engineering firm;
- A competitive salary with a range of secondary conditions;
- Training opportunities through our personal development plan and access to the training platform "Goodhabitz";
- A challenging job with freedom to organize your own time so that your work/life balance is always right.
At BRACE you end up in a people-oriented organization with a transparent no-nonsense culture. We think it is important that our (new) employees feel at home quickly and therefore attach great importance to team building, freedom and personal development.
In addition to personal attention, you will be presented with a wide range of projects at BRACE, in which there is room for your own input, sharing knowledge and various career opportunities. This way you can further develop your skills & talents, you retain the challenge & pleasure in your work and together we can take challenging projects to a higher level!