The ISO 26262 – Road Vehicles Functional Safety standard is the current State-of-the-Art standard for the development of safety-critical automotive Electrical/Electronic systems. The “ISO 26262:2018 – Functional Safety For Road Vehicles: AdvancedTraining” is a programme intended to give your organization and its teams the complete overview to ISO 26262. Whether you are just getting started with ISO 2626 or already implementing ISO 26262, this training can give you the precise boost towards ISO 26262 compliance. This 3 day course includes adequate case studies and hands-on examples to understand the standard and fast-track the implementation in your team!
The training programme provides your team with the state-of-art best practices related to ISO 26262 compliance. The interactive nature of the training assures that the questions of your team are answered by our expert trainers.
The course is offered as a classroom course in our premises or in case of a large participant group as an on-site training. Brace automotive will be happy to meet your specific training necessity and offer a bespoke training package based on your requirements.
- Introduction to the ISO 26262 series of standards
- Understand the basics of functional safety and importance of safety management
- Guidance on practical ISO 26262 implementation within your organization
- Foster a company culture that recognizes safety as a top priority
- Enhance the safety integrity and value of your product offerings
- Awareness on the necessary safety lifecycle activities according to ISO 26262
- Introduction to Automotive Safety Integrity Levels (ASIL) and risk reduction via safety measures
- Outline of interdependencies between different project teams for seamless ISO 26262 process flow
- Provide in-depth exercises and hands-on sessions on ISO 26262 work products
- Show proof of competence management suitable for ISO 26262 audits and assessments
Full Focus on ISO 26262: What’s, Why’s, and How’s
- 3 days of training
- 6 sessions
- In-depth focus on essential items of ISO 26262
- Breakout sessions to discuss specific ISO 26262 related questions from your teams
Session 1 (ISO 26262: 2018 Part 2)
- Introduction and overview to ISO 26262
- Functional safety and quality
- Project specific / independent safety management
- Cost and effort impact of ISO 26262
- Liability and responsibility in ISO 26262
- ISO 26262 Audits and Assessments
- ISO 26262 anomaly management/Escalation
Session 2 (ISO 26262: 2018 Part 8)
- DIA and customer-supplier interfaces
- Requirement management
- Change and configuration management
- Documentation management
- Field monitoring
- Tool qualification
- Component qualification
Session 3 (ISO 26262: 2018 Part 3, 4 (development), 9)
- Defining the item
- Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- ASILs and Safety Goals
- Safety concepts (Functional and technical)
- Safety analysis
Session 4 (ISO 26262: 2018 Part 5, 6, 11)
- Implementation of safety concept in hardware and software
- HW/SW design verification
- HW/SW Implementation
- HW/SW implementation verification
- HW/SW testing
Session 5 (ISO 26262: 2018 Part 4 (Integration & Testing))
- HW/SW integration and testing
- System integration and testing
- Vehicle integration and testing
- System validation
Session 6 (ISO 26262: 2018 Part 7)
- Safety related production plan
- Safety related control plan
- Production process capability
- Safety related service/user instructions
- Safety related rescue instructions
The course is suitable for anyone who wishes to gain an introduction to ISO 26262 and/or anyone already involved in ISO 26262 implementation. For this training, we strongly recommend to involve multi-disciplinary teams from your organization. For practicality reasons and planning, our representatives will be happy to help you to pair suitable teams to the training sessions.
The course does not have any prerequisites and is open to everyone. In case available, we strongly recommend participants to take specific case study examples in their team or questions that you might have regarding ISO 26262 implementation.
The training will be held in English and all training material will be provided as digital copies to the participants. Please note that the training material does not include a copy of the actual ISO 26262 standard series.
3 days (In-house and/or on-site)
start your training on functional safety
Avinash Varadarajan works at BRACE automotive development as a development engineer and is specialized in functional safety. In addition to helping various customers with their functional safety challenges, Avinash regularly publishes on this topic.
Are you a solution provider developing security-critical systems and are you looking to train your team on Functional Safety? Please contact Avinash, he will be happy to advise you on your Functional Safety training requirements.
+31 40 320 0510