Project manager functional safety
We are BRACE automotive development. We are ingenious petrol heads. We eat, dream, sleep automotive system engineering in mechanical- and software engineering and functional safety. We deliver pragmatic, agile workable solutions in tune with our customers' heart beat and share best practices out of our own experience and our BRACE vision.
The Functional Safety (FS) Project Manager is responsible for driving functional safety activities on the Electric Vehicle and e-Propulsion systems projects to meet the defined ISO 26262 compliance requirements. This is a person who will actively participate in product development, quality and reliability activities to ensure that automotive safety standards are achieved and maintained for both current and future products. Primary Duties and Responsibilities are: Leading the strategy and deployment in terms of functional safety for Directing engineers and external stakeholders (including FS consultants and suppliers) engaged in program and project work. Producing, either directly or indirectly, all the necessary work products, including but not limited to:
- System Safety Program Plan
- Safety Manual • Safety Concepts
- ASIL assignment/decomposition
- Safety Requirements
- FMEA, FMEDA & FTA
- Safety Verification and Validation activities
- Conducting safety reviews
- SW tool qualification
- Audit and assessment reports
- Driving the Functional Safety product life cycle and work with systems, electrical, controls and validation engineering team to achieve required functional safety targets
- Managing, directing and leading the problem resolution and tracking process and providing feedback on status of tracked problems.
- Managing, directing and leading the safety plan and deliverables of the suppliers.
- Master of Science in Automotive / Electrical / Systems Engineering or a related field of study
- Expert knowledge of ISO26262 both 1st and 2nd edition with strong knowledge of Functional Safety Theory and specific on-the-job experience
- Knowledge of comparable Functional Safety Standards (IEC 61508, ISO 25119, EN 5012X) is preferred
- Evidence of training and qualification by accredited body is preferred but not mandatory
- Expert knowledge and industry experience with safety concepts, hazard analysis and risk assessment, DFMEA, FTA, FMEDA for automotive embedded hardware and software, at both system and sub-system level.
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering principles, hardware and software design concepts.
- Proven record of interpreting requirements from design to production
- 8+ years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and hands-on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) Skills And Competencies
- Functional Safety experience in electric vehicle applications is a plus
- Experience in automotive Powertrain technologies (vehicle dynamics, transmissions, engines, etc.).
- Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools such as Polarion, DOORS, Integrity, etc.
- Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes, such as CMMI, Automotive SPICE, etc.
- Both strategic and hands on; able to lead in execution as well as develop strategy.
- Able to make decisions independently with appropriate level of consultation/communication.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, at all levels
- Commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior in self and others; commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Accomplished business leader with the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Effective listener and communicator
- Proficient technical skills Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Able to effectively interface with other disciplines in the organization to achieve result
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- Proven excellent customer relationship management skills
- An interesting and varied position within a valued engineering firm;
- A competitive salary with a range of secondary conditions;
- Training opportunities through our personal development plan and access to the training platform "Goodhabitz";
- A challenging job with freedom to organize your own time so that your work/life balance is always right.
become part of our team
We are looking forward to receive your application with CV and your earliest possible starting date. Please be so kind and only apply by using the below form. If you have any questions about this vacancy your can contact Jelle Claessen by email email@example.com or phone +31 6 1463 9868