mechanical design engineer
We are BRACE automotive development. We are ingenious petrol heads. We eat, dream, sleep automotive system engineering in mechanical- and software engineering and functional safety. We deliver pragmatic, agile workable solutions in tune with our customers' heart beat and share best practices out of our own experience and our BRACE vision.
The mechanical Design Engineer will be part of the fast-growing development team that is responsible for the development of hybrid powertrains. He/she will play a critical role in the design of these products.
To optimize the performance and robustness of electro mechanic shift systems in a cost-effective design by optimizing the system functional chain, reducing mechanical losses and improving NVH behaviour.
• Functional chain from e-motor via the shift system to synchronizer engagement elements
• Lead the team of design, purchasing and process development for the commodity
• Design of synchronizer system
• Design shift forks and rails into the transmission assembly
• Optimizing NVH behaviour
- MSc or PhD in mechanical engineering, specialized in mechanical engineering
- Strong in analysis, structural mechanics, dynamics, NVH and structural simulation.
- Wide knowledge mechanical solutions to create light weight functionally stressed parts
- CAE base knowledge to do structural optimization
- Experience or affinity with Automotive engineering
- Strong expertise in analysis and design of die cast, sheet metal and sinter parts
- Profound experience in synchronizer a shift system design & function and corresponding manufacturing techniquesExperience with both analytical and numerical (FEA) simulation techniques/models
- Experience with CAE methods for stress analysis and lifetime prediction
- Team player, able to work in a multidisciplinary, international and dynamic environment
- CAD base knowledge
- An interesting and varied position within a valued engineering firm;
- A competitive salary with a range of secondary conditions;
- Training opportunities through our personal development plan and access to the training platform "Goodhabitz";
- A challenging job with freedom to organize your own time so that your work/life balance is always right.
At BRACE you end up in a people-oriented organization with a transparent no-nonsense culture. We think it is important that our (new) employees feel at home quickly and therefore attach great importance to team building, freedom and personal development.
In addition to personal attention, you will be presented with a wide range of projects at BRACE, in which there is room for your own input, sharing knowledge and various career opportunities. This way you can further develop your skills & talents, you retain the challenge & pleasure in your work and together we can take challenging projects to a higher level!
BECOME PART OF OUR TEAM
We are looking forward to receive your application with CV and your earliest possible starting date. Please be so kind and only apply by using the below form. If you have any questions about this vacancy just contact: